Enhance the real world to make it smarter and more informative as well as more accessible then it really is Augmented reality can transform any location in to a laboratory. Bring learning to life with digital information superimposed on the physical world. Augmented reality (AR) is the integration of digital information with live video or the user's environment in real time. AR takes an existing picture and blends new information into it. Example scenarios are as follows:
- The changing maps behind weather reporters.
- A navigational display embedded in the windshield of a car.
- Visual displays and audio guidance for complex tasks.
- Images of historical recreations integrated with the current environment.
- A display in a pilot's helmet that allows the pilot to, in effect, see through the aircraft.
- Mobile marketing involving product information displayed over that product or its location.
- Video games with digital elements blended into the user's environment.
- Virtually trying on clothes through a webcam while online shopping.
- Displaying information about a tourist attraction by pointing a phone at it.